Friday, August 27, 2010

DIY: Hanging Flashcards

My baby boy turned one year old the other day. Time sure is flying! He loves to read books, so we spend a lot of time sitting in a rocking chair in his nursery reading outloud. The morning after his first birthday, I was looking around his room and I noticed that he was in dire need of some decorations. How did I let a whole year pass without decorating his nursery walls?

A few months ago, I bought Nate the cutest flashcards with different animals on them. They came in a package of 26. So I thought, why not decorate with a few of them? I picked out 8 of my favorite cards, attached metal clips and hung them over his crib. I love how it turned out!

Here they are waiting to be put on the string:

DIY: Hanging Flashcards

DIY: Hanging Flashcards

I bought the metal clips from the kitchen section at Target and I used string I had lying around the house to string them. Of course, when I went to hang them, I found that 8 clips were a few too many and that I needed to cut it down to 5 to keep the string from breaking. Tweaking projects as I go is very common for me!

Here is the finished product:

DIY: Hanging Flashcards

DIY: Hanging Flashcards

What do you think?

~Jen

1 comment:

  1. i love it! so creative! now he'll learn words and also have something fun to look at...watch out, world :)

    ReplyDelete