Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adding Some Pizazz to the Front Door

The front door is the first thing people see when they visit your house. I mean, how many times have you gone to someone's house and glanced around the front door area while waiting for them to answer the door? I know I do this. :)

I decided our front door needed a little pizazz. It was boring. I have many wreaths that I switch out for the seasons and a baby rosemary plant, but I was wanting more. My kind sister gave me a huge round iron scroll that she didn't want anymore. I love how it turned out!


Originally, the iron scroll was a shade of green, but I wanted black. Enter a cheap can of spray paint.  I started by priming the iron scroll with a spray primer. This took me seconds and the result was a nice clean even surface.

The primer was dry in a matter of minutes and it was time to cover it in black.


Once the black was dry, I had my sweet husband hang the scroll on the side of our house next to our front door. I love how it turned out!


1 comment:

  1. now that you've spent all that time making it look good, can I have it back???? J/K!!!!

    ReplyDelete