Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Fun at Burt's Pumpkin Farm

My friend and I were talking about "pumpkin patches" the other day on the phone when she mentioned that her and her husband might go check one out. "Oh no" I said, "Don't you know that those pumpkin patches are reserved for families with kids? If just you and your husband go, you will be overrun with kids and feel very awkward." Luckily, she believed me and decided to wait it out until she has kiddos to haul with her. When did the whole pumpkin patch trip become such an obligatory kid-only event?

Either way, we jumped right in this year with a trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm with my sweet sister's family and my parents. We would have gone last year, but we could barely keep our eyes up during daylight hours and my little guy was just not tolerating car trips longer than 5 minutes!

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

So many pumpkins!

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Sweet cousins. They are going to be such great big sisters someday soon. They love little kids! They won't be anything like my sister. Nope. No slamming doors in the little one's face or sitting on them and tickling them until they practically pee their pants. I'm sure they won't do stuff like that!

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

This kid loves to drive. Anything. Cars, trucks, boats, tractors...and he likes to be in control. I'm not saying he got that from me though.

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Isn't my sister beautiful? And pregnant too. I'm totally NOT jealous!!

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

My sister's sweet family. 

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Thanks Burt's for the fun time! I'm sure we will see you next year. And the next and the next!

~Jen

1 comment:

  1. ok, so I was gonna TOTALLY give you a hard time about the bullying comment above until I read the next few...you've redeemed yourself...this time........

    ReplyDelete