Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wanna Take a Seat?

Finally, some kitchen chairs. I debated the whole black matching chair versus the banana leaf chair thing for much too long. The hubs and I went to test out some banana leaf chairs a few weekends back and we determined that they were just not comfortable enough to be our everyday kitchen chairs. So, that left me with the black matching chairs and I finally bit the bullet and bought some! I love how they turned out!



They are the Ingolf chair by IKEA:


Nothing fancy, but for $59 each, you can't beat it!

So, now that chairs have finally been purchased it is time to start looking for a good area rug. I say that like I already haven't been looking and haven't already narrowed it down to my top three. I'm sure it will take me a few more months to finally make a decision. Or years...

On to other things! While I was at IKEA I picked up some of these beauties:


I can't wait to figure out what to do with them! I'm thinking some white candles with cranberries or some sparkly red candles with mini ornament or something festive for the holidays. 

Speaking of the holidays, we finally put our tree up and I am in love with it. I don't know what it is about this year's tree. There is nothing cohesive about it. There is no design behind it. It's just the same fake tree we put up every year with the same family ornaments. But something about it makes me happy.


Maybe it is because I am sitting here in the leather chair with my feet propped up on the ottoman and I look over at the tree to see this staring at me:


Gotta love the duck! Alright, I'm off to make some hot chocolate and enjoy a nice fire in the fireplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment