Thursday, November 18, 2010

DIY: IKEA Wine Rack Hack

Coming up with decorating ideas that don't cost an arm and a leg has been difficult lately. There are so many projects I would like to do right now that involve lots of time and lots of money. Neither which I currently have!

My fellow blogger, Katie, inspired me to take a quick trip to my local Goodwill store the other day after she posted about her latest shopping scores. I figured I could scrounge up a few dollars to buy something if needed. I got really lucky when I spotted this IKEA wine rack on sale for $1. Now, I know that it didn't cost very much brand new, but the thought of not having to drive all the way down to Atlanta to pick one up at IKEA made it even more of a score!

DIY: IKEA Wine Rack Hack

As pretty as the shiny silver was, it had to go. My dining room doesn't have a bit of silver in it and I prefer darker colors. So, I spraypainted it! (I love spraypainting things if you haven't already guessed.) Here is the final product:

DIY: IKEA Wine Rack Hack

I filled it up with empty wine bottles from moments in my life that make me smile.:)

DIY: IKEA Wine Rack Hack

Next up on my list, decorating the dining room table for Thanksgiving and adding hardware to my hutch!

3 comments:

  1. I see Delatorriiiiiiiii! I am so pleased that that sweet blue bottle ended up on your wall :) love you! ~ C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I've always wanted to do with our bottles.... jot down a note from each us us about that dinner, event, whatever, and place it in the bottle and re-cork it to be opened later....

    ReplyDelete