Friday, December 17, 2010

Reusable Holiday Gift Tags

Hello Friends! Sorry for the long silence. I have been working on many fun crafts/cooking/decorating projects and I can't wait to share them all with you. Today, I finished a craft project that I originally started almost a year ago! Back when I was a new mom and needed some time out of the house, my dear friend Amanda and I got together and had a "craft day". At this time I could barely think of anything except my new little bundle of joy but I knew I had to come up with a project that didn't have anything to do with being a mom. I decided to work on a Christmas project. My line of thinking was that I would have a whole year to complete it!

So, enough babbling. Here is what I did...I created reusable gift tags for all of my family! (Look at me all "green" and stuff!)



Step1: Pick some pretty Christmas card stock that had lots of colors in it and coordinating plain colored card stock. Something like this:


Step 2: Use a craft punch in the shape of a small gift tag to punch out the tags (I borrowed the one at Archiver's, but Martha Stewart has a great scalloped one and I believe you can find them at Michael's). Punch out one tag with the patterned paper and one of the plain paper for the backing.

Step 3: Glue a plain tag to the back of the patterned tag.

Step 4: Punch a small hole in the top for the ribbon.

Step 5: Write the "To" and "From" information on the plain side.

Step 6: Take the tags to Kinko's and have them laminated for really cheap! We are talking a few bucks cheap.

Step 7: Trim the laminate around the tags and re-punch the ribbon hole.

Step 8: Pick out some coordinating wrapping paper and wrap some pretty gifts!

Each year I plan to buy a different coordinating plan colored wrapping paper and ribbon to mix it up a bit.  They turned out so great and I can't wait to use them! Now I just need to make sure that I don't forget where I store them each year!!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment