Anyways, this is what the dining room currently looks like:
It isn't a bad start, but there is kind of a clash of furniture style and there isn't really any cohesiveness to it. Most of this furniture I collected without thinking that it would be in the same room together. For instance, I got the black hutch to go in our kitchen and somehow it made it into the dining room. The black bench was the same way. The table and chairs also used to be in our kitchen, but when we got the round table and chairs to better suit the space, they were moved into the dining room as well. So this room is a little bit of a hodge-podge.
So, here is my dining room inspiration board:
- Robert Allen Basquiat Teak fabric from Joann's.
- Black buffet. I found mine on Craigslist for $100 and paint it and the matching hutch black. I think I want to take the hutch off though and hang some wall art above the buffet with some matching lamps on top of the buffet.
- Black bench. I found mine at this AMAZING store in the middle of nowhere in GA. I'm not going to tell you what store it is because I would be giving away my best kept secret, but lets just say I didn't spend more than $100 on it and it is very well made!
- White judges paneling throughout the room.
- Benjamin Moore Wethersfield Moss. This color is a lot more green in person. The Internet just doesn't do it justice. It was a Pottery Barn featured color about 5 years ago.
- Light hardwood floors.
- Our table is almost exactly like this one from American Signature, except it expands to seat 8.
- Bogart Flat Weave Wool Rug from Garnet Hill in dark brown OR grey. I haven't yet decided.