Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dining Room Inspiration Board

Since the dining room is the first room people see when they walk into our home, I've decided to put most of my decorating efforts and money into fixing it up a little bit. I say most of my efforts because my little man is quickly becoming a toddler and not a baby anymore and is in desperate need of a big boy bathroom. Goodbye like blues and whites and hello primary colors!

Anyways, this is what the dining room currently looks like:


It isn't a bad start, but there is kind of a clash of furniture style and there isn't really any cohesiveness to it. Most of this furniture I collected without thinking that it would be in the same room together. For instance, I got the black hutch to go in our kitchen and somehow it made it into the dining room. The black bench was the same way. The table and chairs also used to be in our kitchen, but when we got the round table and chairs to better suit the space, they were moved into the dining room as well. So this room is a little bit of a hodge-podge.

So, here is my dining room inspiration board:

A lot of this is already in place, but a few items are new. I would like to add window treatments, a rug, some wall art above the buffet and some pillows (which I haven't yet picked out but will probably find on Etsy) for the bench. Here is the breakdown:
  1. Robert Allen Basquiat Teak fabric from Joann's.
  2. Black buffet. I found mine on Craigslist for $100 and paint it and the matching hutch black. I think I want to take the hutch off though and hang some wall art above the buffet with some matching lamps on top of the buffet.
  3. Black bench. I found mine at this AMAZING store in the middle of nowhere in GA. I'm not going to tell you what store it is because I would be giving away my best kept secret, but lets just say I didn't spend more than $100 on it and it is very well made!
  4. White judges paneling throughout the room.
  5. Benjamin Moore Wethersfield Moss. This color is a lot more green in person. The Internet just doesn't do it justice. It was a Pottery Barn featured color about 5 years ago. 
  6. Light hardwood floors.
  7. Our table is almost exactly like this one from American Signature, except it expands to seat 8.
  8. Bogart Flat Weave Wool Rug from Garnet Hill in dark brown OR grey. I haven't yet decided.
So that's the plan. What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh . . . I have the exact same bench on your inspiration board. Mine is white. How funny. I love yours in your dining room!

    ReplyDelete