Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Failure

"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."
~Sumner Redstone

I have to be honest with you...I am frustrated right now. I have started two very cool projects over the past few weeks and both of them have failed. Like big time failed. Both projects have been completely abandoned halfway through. One thrown in a closet where I don't have to look at it and the other leaned up against a filing cabinet in the garage. Right in front of where I park my car so I can pull into the garage each day and tap it with my front bumper to relieve my frustration.

Both are very cool projects. The first one I started a few weeks ago is an awesome subway sign.


I have gone to Office Max three times now and had my sign printed so that I can mod podge it to the canvas I bought. THREE times! And everytime I start to work on this project - I mess it up somehow!!

The other project is a "no sew" pillow case for the guestroom. Centsational Girl has an awesome tutorial. This is the last thing I want to complete before revealing the new guestroom on this blog. Unfortunately, I messed this project up multiple times too and it is now shoved in a closet.

Am I in a rut? Sure.

Will I get out of it and have some fun creative projects to share with you all soon? I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment