Friday, March 11, 2011

Guestroom Custom Window Treatments

The title sounds fancy, right?

I actually have a confession to make. Despite stealing and holding hostage my mother in law's sewing machine, I don't sew my window treatments. Instead I use this ingenious product called Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web.


You basically iron a crease into the fabric, place the tape in the two pieces of fabric and re-iron to activate the adhesive bond. It's amazing. And now, I have used it in the new guestroom to create my "custom window treatments"!



Here is a closeup of the fabric. I heart it.



Oh, yes. The photo wall has gone through some changes too. I've been tweaking it everyday during nap time. I think I've finally stopped though and I'm pretty happy with the results.


What do you think? These curtains used to be a queen size duvet cover from Pottery Barn until I ripped it all up and turned it into cafe curtains in my kitchen. I'm having a tad bit of regret over that one since it would have looked fabulous as bedding in the new guestroom. But, anyways...then I had a whole bunch left over, so I decided to use the fabric to make curtains in the newly painted guestroom. I actually STILL have some fabric left over, so I am thinking I might make a pillow to go on the bed (thank you C for teaching me how to sew pillows!)

The bed comes tomorrow and I already have the linens all picked out and waiting. Once those are complete I will be ready for a final reveal! :)

2 comments:

  1. This one is truly looking heart throbbing. As I am highly impressed to see this magnificent featured Guestroom Custom window treatment. This one is absolutely looking one of the exotic feature for the exceptional home decor. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete