Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DIY: Kid's Custom Wall Art

Thanks to an impromptu trip to IKEA this holiday weekend, I've been working on some wall art for my little guys big boy bedroom and bathroom redo. I've decided to go with the planes, trains, and automobiles (and boats!) theme with bright primary colors. Hopefully it will be a fun place for Nate to play, sleep, and get away for many years to come.

Anyways, back to the wall art. I bought three 8 x 10 frames at IKEA this weekend and some fun card stock paper at Archiver's and made these.


That's my hubbie on the left, my little guy in the center and me on the right. :)

These pictures were super easy. I simply cut the card stock to 8" by 10", the coordinating primary colored matte to 5" by7" and used double sided tape to stick it all together. I love how it turned out!


Next for the wall art, I was lucky enough to score an old train picture from my in laws house. (Warning: Very bad Blackberry picture!)


I loved the picture, but the frame and matte didn't go with my color scheme. So, I brightened it up a little.


Now, I am fully aware that I am doing this process backwards and I should be thinking about wall art last, but I just couldn't help it. I can't wait to start putting this room together!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished room.
    I'm still working on RJ's - ever so slowly...

    ReplyDelete