Friday, July 29, 2011

New Dining Room Rug

Well, I finally did it. I chose a rug for my dining room and completely committed to it. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The rug is so me!


I love how it goes perfectly with the current wall color and I love that it opens up endless possibilities for curtains, a new pillow for the bench, table linens, wall art, etc.


I'm thinking about removing the hutch from the sideboard and instead hanging a large mirror with some tall, dainty, and bright red flowers on each side. What do you think?


So, the rug is from Pier 1 Imports. It is called the "Jea" Rug. It is a 6 x9 and was just recently discontinued so it isn't on their website currently. I scored mine for 1/2 off just by telling the manager that I was super interested, but didn't quite have the cash saved up yet. I love Pier 1!


So what do you guys think? Do you like how bright and cheerful it is? Should I take down the hutch? I can't wait to get this room finished. It is the first thing you see when you walk into our house and it has been sitting unfinished for YEARS! Let's get it done!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! It's perfect in the space, both in size and style. Good pick! I know it can be hard committing to big purchases, but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete