Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY: Utensil Holders

August is birthday month in our household. My little guy and husband both have birthdays and this month is even more special because my husband is turning the big 3-0 and my son is turning 2! Thanks to Pinterest and my dear friend Courtney, I have accumulated a ton of craft ideas for the big par-tay. The first one I tackled was an easy one - creating fun, colorful utensil holders for the plastic silverware.

DIY: Party Utensil Holders

I downloaded a template from Martha Stewart to assist me in cutting out the craft paper. You see, I'm not very good with measurements and numbers. :)

DIY: Utensil Holders

Using this template as a guide, I cut out my craft paper and prepared the tin cans by peeling the labels off and thoroughly washing them. Here they are drying on my counter, waiting to be made beautiful.

DIY: Utensil Holders

I chose good ole' Elmer's Craft Bond spray adhesive to adhere my craft paper to the cans. I suspect there are multiple different products that can be used for this step, but this is what I had on hand.


Note to self: be more careful when using this stuff. Once it is on your fingers, it NEVER comes off! Anyways, the spray adhesive worked perfectly and soon I had three beautiful utensil holders.

DIY: Utensil Holders

Aren't they pretty? I popped some silverware in them to show you all what they will look like.

DIY: Utensil Holders

So, there you have it. Quick, simple, easy. This project took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. What do you think?

~Jen

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!!The papers you chose are just darling. Thanks for the sweet shout out.

    ReplyDelete