Saturday, August 13, 2011

Project Failures

One of the things I like most about blogging is that I can share my creative projects failures as well as successes for all to see. I wish I could say that every creative project I start turns out amazing - or even gets completed for that matter - but I can't. In fact, I've had a few total failures recently that I thought I would share.

My first project failure was an anniversary gift for my husband. For our honeymoon, we spent an amazing week in Aruba and just fell in love with the island and everything about it. I decided to hang two clocks in our kitchen - one on our time and one on Aruba time. That way we will always be reminded of "Aruba time".

 
Can anyone see whats wrong with this picture? That's right. Apparently, for half of the year, Aruba is on the same time as we are. I guess they don't do Daylight Savings. FAIL.
 
The next one is pretty recent. As part of my little guy's big boy bedroom, I ordered a wall decal growth chart to put in his room and keep track of his growth.
 
 
Uh huh. My little guy wasn't 24 inches tall at one year old and he is definitely not only 28 inches tall at two years old! He would be an incredibly small child if that were the case. Vertically challenged?
 
Yeah, I applied the wall decal to the wall without measuring to make sure the lines on the right side were the correct height. FAIL.
 
So, there you have it folks. There are a ton more projects around my house that I have totally failed at. (One in particular that actually turned into a "failure/success" is my subway sign.) I won't show you ALL my failures though so you don't think I am complete idiot. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I especially like the Fail of Nate's growth chart! Thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete