Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

I wish I could claim that I have been a coffee drinker for many, many years and can therefore be considered an expert at all thing "joe". Unfortunately, I only developed a love for coffee when I became a mother and needed to rely on caffeine for a multi-daily pick-me-up. I can claim that I have spent the past few years spending way too much money on Starbuck's lattes and attempting to perfect my own version of frothy/slightly sweet coffee at home.

To begin with, here is the cast of characters:

The Perfect Cup of Coffee
Natural Bliss Creamer, Frother from IKEA, Coffee Filter, and The Land of a Thousand Hills Ground Coffee
Before I begin, I have to give a shout-out to my coffee creamer. Simple, clean, only natural ingredients. Nothing I can't pronounce!! I love this stuff. It is the perfect amount of sweetness and it froths up perfectly.

Step 1: Fill the reservoir of your coffee maker with enough water to make the desired amount of coffee. I tend to drink one 12-14 oz cup a day and therefore fill my coffee maker with about 12 oz of water.

Step 2: Add a filter and your ground coffee to the coffee maker. Roughly 1/4 cup of ground coffee is my poison.

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

Step 3: While your coffee brews. pour some creamer/milk/heavy cream into a mug and froth with your frother. This step is VERY important. It creates the perfect frothiness for your cup of coffee - just like a latte!

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

Step 4: Once your coffee has finished brewing, pour it over the frothed creamer/milk/heavy cream. You should now have a perfect layer of foam on top of your coffee.

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

Step 5: Drink and enjoy!

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

If you have any other coffee tips, please share! I am constantly trying to improve and perfect my morning cup 'o joe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment