Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY: Handmade Banner

All of the fall mantle inspiration out there has got me thinking about fall decorating and how to spruce up my home for the season without spending a ton of money. Some of my favorite fall decorating pictures have come from Pinterest:

Pretty Mantles & Banners

Pretty Mantles & Banners

Pretty Mantles & Banners

Notice a theme here? They all have adorable banners stretched across the fireplace. So, I thought to myself - I can do that!

DIY: Banner

I kind of cheated. I went to my local Archiver's store and used their cut-outs in their craft room to make my letters out of brown card stock, but you can easily use stickers or if you have a Cricut, cut out your own letters. Here is a close-up of mine:

DIY: Banner

The white scallops were cards that I bought and the colored circles were punched out of shimmery card stock with a round circle punch. Then I just glued it all together and strung it up on some ribbon!

DIY: Banner

DIY: Banner

What do you think? Is it a keeper?

~Jen

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! I think I'm gonna try making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! Just one more thing that makes me wish I had a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete