Thursday, January 19, 2012

Adding a "Special Touch" to Parties

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE hosting parties.  I like to try and get creative and make some of the decorations and I love serving fun and “dainty” foods!


Back in October, Jen and I decided to have a ladies luncheon.  There was no particular reason, but do you ever need a reason to get all the ladies together to just have fun, talk, and eat?! 

We went to our local Archiver’s store (it’s a specialty paper and crafting store) and for just the cost of the paper, we used their die cuts and cut out little leaves that we attached to touthpicks for decorating the cheesecake bites as well as little cards detailing the food on the food table.



Sometimes, these little extra touches are what makes a party so special. You can easily do the same by purchasing a paper punch in the shape you desire and gluing the punched out image to craft paper.

Also, each guest took home a bag of fall colored M&M’s that we attached a little leaf cut out to!


It’s amazing what you can do with just a little paper.  Forget going to a party decor store when you can  make a lot on your own.  Major craft store chains sell great die cuts in fun shapes and sizes and making place cards for guests or food just involves cutting and folding over some paper!  Do you have any fun party ideas to share?

~Amanda :)


**Stay tuned for another party I hosted this past weekend!**

1 comment:

  1. That is SOOOO cute - i wish I lived near you girls! i like to make signs for parties where I have buffet or build-your-own food displays. I use a huge fishbowl for punch - it gets a lot of comments because it's also a fun centerpiece & can feature floating ice, frozen flowers, etc. I've also started tiering my food displays whenever possible - stacking cake platters on top of one another to creat different heights and creat visual interest. :)

    ReplyDelete