Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Evolution of a Nursery

My husband and I are expecting our first child, a little boy, in June.  When people asked me if I was going to find out the gender of our baby, my first response was: “Of course!! I have to start decorating the nursery!!”

I couldn’t wait to have a new decorating project (after the nausea subsided, of course!).  The future nursery is currently serving as a guest room and looks like this:




The whole concept I went for with the guest room was “light and airy” because the room only has one window.  The extra mirrors in the room were used to make the room look brighter and bigger.  I got the idea from the FABULOUS folks at Young House Love!  I am lucky that I painted the room a soft grayish blue (Gentle Tide- another bit I got from YHL!), because I am hoping to keep the room the same color for our little baby boy.

Here is the DILEMMA: It is extremely difficult to find what I call “modern and not matchy-matchy, theme-based, and cookie cutter” baby bedding!! 

Does anyone share that same problem with me?!  I am not a big fan of the Babies-R-Us bedding sets (no offense if you are, we all have different tastes).  I would rather keep the bedding more simple and use accessories such as framed art or stuffed animals to bring out the “baby” aspect to the room.

So of course I started a web search.  Here is a cute option I found on the Land of Nod website.



Another cute option was from a random web search at www.babybedding.com.  Are you seeing a theme here? This Momma really likes yellow and gray! :)



The neat thing about this website is that it also allows you to customize your own bedding!  They have tons of options! I could play with this little handy dandy customize tool all day!

I will hopefully be able to pick something soon and I will be sure to share the changes that my guest room will start going through in order to become a great nursery! Stay tuned!!!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment