**I did add a few of my own revisions to make it quicker and cheaper!**
Lemon Chicken Breast
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (I use a bit less and from a jar) of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (I never zest quite that much though!)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves (I just use dried thyme from a jar)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper (I just sprinkle a little)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (I just do boneless chicken breasts- they still stay juicy!)
- 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown (or you can completely skip this step like I do when you use minced, jarred garlic- there is no difference in taste!). Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper and pour into 9x12 glass baking dish.
Place the chicken breasts in the dish and brush some of the mixture on each. Cut the lemon in slices and place on top of the chicken. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot with the pan juices.
To complete the meal with easy and healthy sides, I add a bag of microwavable quinoa/brown rice from Costco. This only takes 90 seconds!
I also steam a bag of pre-washed and pre-cut carrots that I buy from the local grocery store. This takes about 20 minutes in my steamer and I start it when the chicken is half-way cooked.
Voila! Here you have a quick, easy, delicious, AND healthy meal!