Monday, August 13, 2012

Blogger Meetups & Community

I'll let you in on a little secret. I am terrified to let you all get to know me. TERRIFIED! I'm so scared of negative criticism. I know it is a part of life. Especially, a part of a blogger's life and I need to get over my fear. So, I've been working on it lately.

A few weeks ago, I decided to go to a local I Love Thrifting Day. You should have seen my husband's face when I told him I was spending my day hanging out with a bunch of people I had never met. Priceless. It was a blast though and I even managed to make some new friends!


Source






While I was thrifting and meeting new people, I spied a few beautiful items.






I love light blue. Its so soothing and reminds me of the beach. I also saw this vintage car for my little guy.

Since I had so much fun at the I Love Thrifting Day, I decided to attend another local blogger get together. This time, it was lunch and shopping at a Ballard Designs Outlet. More fun! 

Source
From L to R: Lisa (Lula Bell's Daughter),  Me, Kelly (View Along the Way), Sheila (Plum Doodles), Erin (DIY On the Cheap), Donna (My Sweet Things), and Rhoda (Southern Hospitality).

The ladies I have met have been so sweet. And, it is wonderful to get to know others who have a passion for blogging like I do! I need to get out of my comfort zone more often!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment