Friday, August 24, 2012

Making it Work: Getting Rid of the Stuff

One of the first items on my "Things to do before we move in with the in laws" list is to get downsize the amount of stuff we have. I've been known to sell things on Craigslist here and there, but I've never sold 1/2 my belongings in one swoop before. Until now...

The first thing I did was go through the house and make a list of the furniture we were keeping:
  • Queen bed (for us)
  • Dining room table and chairs
  • Couch
  • Twin bed (for little guy)
  • Dressers
  • Buffet/Hutch (Ill never part with it)
Then, I got started taking pictures of the items we were selling. Craigslist lays it all out for you. One post, 8 pictures.

Listing Items on Craigslist

Pictures are REALLY important when it comes to Craigslist. In fact, I almost never look at a post that doesn't have pictures. And, the pictures have to be good. Here's some examples of what not to do!


Is that a pink bed pan on top of that desk?


There is so much stuff in this picture, I'm not real sure what they are selling?

Our pictures must have been good because within 3 days, we had sold all of this furniture and made some money to help pay for moving expenses! 

Next up on my moving agenda...how do I decide what to use and what to store? 

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment