Monday, August 20, 2012

New Series: Making it Work

My family and I were trucking along just fine in life until a few months ago. Then: BAM! It all changed.

You see, a few months back, I was laid of from my job. Ever since then, I have been searching for a job within a decent commuting distance. And when I say "decent commuting distance", I mean I am willing to drive up to an hour each way. That's a brutal commute if you live in the Atlanta area. They say Atlanta has the 6th worst commute time in the nation. I don't believe it. After living here most of my life, I want to tear my hair out every time I jump in the car!

So, while I have enjoyed my extra free time, I have not enjoyed my lack of money. Therefore, I'm excited to say that I just accepted a new job and will be headed back to work in the next few weeks. Along with that is a new opportunity: WE ARE MOVING!


What does this mean for you guys? Well, I am starting a new series on the blog called "Making it Work".

You see, we are moving out of our 2000 square foot house and into my in-law's house. (Yikes!) This means that we will be selling most of our belongings, scaling back considerably on everything, and decorating on a budget. It should be FUN!

Some of the topics I have in mind are:


  • How to Get Rid of All Your Stuff
  • Decorating a Temporary Home
  • How to Make Your Living Space Feel Less Temporary
  • Do It Yourself Projects on a Strict Budget
  • Living in a Small Space
  • Simplifying Your Living Space

I'm excited and I hope you are too!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment