Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY: Necklace Hanger

OK. I know. I've already showed y'all projects on jewelry organization. But I've got a problem, I own too many necklaces and I am constantly getting them tangled and/or losing them. So, I had to get creative again and come up with another way to store my necklaces. If you recall, I have a beautiful white tree branch that I bought at Urban Outfitters many years ago. (I've seen similar ones at the Container Store if you are looking for one!)

DIY: Necklace Holder

Problem is, my quantity of necklaces is greater than the number of "branches". So, I headed to my old favorite, Target, to find something that would work. I can across this key rail in the hardware section.

DIY: Necklace Holder

It was already cute, but I thought it could use a little more color and personality. I made a quick stop by Hobby Lobby to pick up some knobs and headed home for some deconstruction. The little hooks came off easily.

DIY: Necklace Holder

Getting the knobs to work was another issue. I had to have my husband cut off the backs of the screws so that the holder would sit flush against the wall. But, after that was complete, I had myself a pretty new necklace holder!

DIY: Necklace Holder

~Jen

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this idea on pinterest and have wanted to try it. Cute! Love the knob choices. Good tip about the screws needing to be cut though. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete