Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Quick Update

The past few weeks have been so hectic. I missed last week's Weekly Finds post because I simply could not find the time to sit down and write it. Sad, but true. A lot of things have happened lately that have thrown me completely off guard. For starters, it has become apparent that my son has issues that are preventing him from moving forward in his Montessori school. We've been struggling as a family the entire time he has been enrolled, but now there is no denying that there is an issue. So, we have withdrawn him from school and are trying to figure out what to do with a child that has special needs. 

Meanwhile, I quit my full time corporate job. The same corporate job that I moved my family across town for less than 6 months ago. Mom guilt will make you do crazy things. I decided that I wasn't going to sit by during these precious toddler years while everyone else tries to help my child work through his limitations. I mean, look at that face. It breaks my heart to see him struggle so much. 


So, I am now an independent technical writing contractor, making my own work schedule and try to find a healthy work/life balance. Has anyone else been in this position? Does it just make you want to go insane?

Hopefully, things will smooth out shortly and I can get back into the swing of things blog-wise. I've been itching to do some DIY projects lately but haven't been able to find the time. I'm also dying to blog about a detox I recently completed. I lost 25 lbs in two months and have some amazing recipes to share! So for now, please bear with me. I promise I will be back!

~Jen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment