Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY: Burp Cloths

Due to acid reflux, my first child was a major spitter-upper and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find burp cloths that adequately handled the amount of spit up I dealt with on a daily basis. Even though I know this little lady might not have the same issue, I thought I would be proactive and tackle it ahead of time. So, I set out to make my own burp cloths following this tutorial. Michelle does a great job of teaching you how, so I won't bother to reinvent the wheel here (thanks Michelle!).

I choose flannel fabric for the printed side and terry cloth fabric for the white back. After doing some internet research, I found that these are the most absorbent fabrics and held up the best in the wash. Of course, this is based off of other bloggers experience. Only time will tell if they are correct!

DIY Burp Cloths

DIY Burp Cloths

DIY Burp Cloths

If you own a sewing machine and have the know-how to sew a straight line, I highly recommend this project. It was quick, easy, and painless. And they turned out so cute!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment