Friday, January 3, 2014

Life Lately


Be prepared, I am cramming a lot into this blog post.

2014 is finally here and I could not be more excited to start a new year. 2013 was a year of loss for me. It was painful and LONG. I am excited to begin 2014 on a happier note by announcing that I am pregnant with my second child! A girl! She is due mid-February and I have been rushing around preparing for her arrival the past few weeks. One event that happened recently is that a dear friend held a baby shower for me. I didn’t expect a baby shower this time around since it is my second child, but I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to celebrate this little one’s arrival with my dear family and friends.

Beautiful Baby Shower

The hostess, Amanda, is a long-time friend of mine and she throws the most wonderful parties. You may remember her as a co-writer for this blog a few years back.

Beautiful Baby Shower

So much thought and attention to detail go into each one. Look at this adorable banner she ordered off of Etsy.

Beautiful Baby Shower

I love it and even re-purposed it in my little lady’s nursery. Everywhere you looked at the baby shower; there were special touches.

Beautiful Baby Shower

Beautiful Baby Shower

The day was amazing and I went to bed that night feeling very loved and supported!

Lately, I have been working on the little lady’s nursery. We currently live in a rental home, so it was a challenge to bring some personality into the room without putting large holes in the walls/ceilings. I did get permission to paint (Benjamin Moore Owl Grey) and hang curtains, which made the room feel so much softer. Here is a sneak peak.

Little Girl Nursery

I can’t wait to show you the final product. And, I can’t wait to snuggle this little lady in my arms.

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment